CategoryCrock pot recipes
Chichken Masala is a classic Indian dish, which will appeal even to the most demanding foodies. This is an ideal supper for a winter or autumn evening, when you wish to enjoy the warm home atmosphere in the circle of people you love!
- chicken leg quarters without skin : 9 piece
- Powdered coriander : 1 Tbsp
- Powdered thyme : 1 Tbsp
- salt : 1 tsp
- yoghurt : 1 cup
- butter : 8 Tbsp (4 tbsp for the dish and 4 tbsp for the sauce)
- Jalapeno : 1 piece
- onion : 1 piece (for the sauce)
- garlic : 6 piece (for the sauce)
- salt : 1 Tbsp (for the sauce)
- Garam Masala : 3 Tbsp (for the sauce)
- Fresh ginger : 1 piece (for the sauce)
- tomato paste : 4 cup (for the sauce)
- sugar : 1 Tbsp (for the sauce)
- starch : 2 tsp (for the sauce)
- cream : 1.5 cup (for the sauce)
- Boiled rice : 2 cup (you can boil more or less depending upon your taste and number of people in a family)
- cilantro : 0.5 piece (chopped and fresh)
Stages of cooking
Cut the chicken into pieces about 2.5-3.5 cm. Add coriander, salt and thyme. Mix with yoghurt and leave for about 10 minutes
Heat the frying pan and melt 1 tbsp of butter in it. Then fry ¼ of the whole amount of chicken you have. Put the chicken into the crock pot. Repeat the same actions with the rest of the chicken. As soon as all the chicken is in the crock pot, put jalapeno above it.
Cook the sauce. Chop the onion and the garlic, grate ginger. Place the pot onto the fire and melt butter in it. Add onion, garlic and salt. Stir everything well. Cook until the onion becomes light brown.
Add Garam Masala and ginger, stir well. Fry until the spread of aroma. This usually takes around 1 minute. Add tomato puree and sugar. Stir well once again and wait until the sauce boils.
Pour the sauce into the crock pot. Cook for 5 hours until the chicken becomes soft. Whisk dense cream with starch so that the mixture became homogeneous. Pour into the crock pot. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
Serve with hot boiled rice and add chopped fresh cilantro to the dish.