CategoryHot dishes Meat course Beef Chicken Turkey Stuffing recipes Appetizers Roll up Cheese appetizer Meat appetizer Snacks Baking recipes Tortilla and burito Rolls
The recipe of easy turkey burritos is so easy that you can cook it with your kids. This will bring you much fun and excitement. Just give it a try and you won’t regret the choice!
- turkey breast : 2 pound (ground and lean)
- beans : 1 can (refried)
- onion : 1 piece (large)
- garlic : 3 clove (fresh)
- cayenne pepper : 1 pinch (ground, to your taste)
- chili powder : 2 pinch (or to your taste)
- Madras curry powder : 2 pinch (or to your taste)
- olive oil : 5 Tbsp
- Golden Mushroom soup : 2 can
- water : 1 can (full)
- tabasco sauce : 1 tsp (or the hot sauce of your choosing)
- cheddar cheese : 100 g (grated)
- tomatoes : 2 piece (diced)
- lettuce : 1 bunch (shredded)
- flour tortillas : 2 piece (or as much as you wish)
Stages of cooking
Prepare the ingredients for your burritos, the topping and the sauce. This is needed to have them at hand while cooking, not to distract from the process.
Cook the sauce by mixing canned golden mushroom soup, one can of water and a bit of Tabasco sauce (or any hot sauce you like).
Dice the garlic and onion.
Fill the large saucepan with olive oil and start frying the onions and garlic until they become clear and transparent, but not brown. Then, add the ground turkey (although, chicken and beef will also work well) and stir it until it becomes brown.
Right after that, add the refried beans and spices. Stir the ingredients well.
Meanwhile, dice up your tomato and lettuce.
Warm up your tortillas in the microwave oven for a few seconds. Add the topping inside each tortilla, put the bean and tomato mixture above the topping and roll it up. Repeat the procedure with all tortillas you have or until the topping is over.
Pour some sauce above each tortilla and dredge with shredded cheese. Decorate with salad if you wish.
Serve hot or warm. Bon appétit!