In this recipe, you will find out how to cook fried oysters with buttermilk remoulade. Does this sound tempting and unusual? It does! So, leave your doubts (if any) behind and hurry up to learn the recipe of this unique dish!
- buttermilk : 1.25 cup
- egg white : 1 piece
- oysters : 7 piece
- Panko : 0.5 cup
- corn meal : 0.25 cup
- tomatoes : 1 piece (ripened and diced)
- green pepper : 0.25 piece (diced)
- red onion : 0.5 piece (small and diced)
- garlic : 2 clove (minced)
- cilantro : 2 piece (sprigs, minced)
- lime juice : 1 tsp
- olive oil : 0.3 cup (to your taste)
- salt : 1 tsp (to your taste)
- black pepper : 0.5 tsp (to your taste)
- celeriac : 0.3 piece (peeled and diced)
- capers : 2 tsp
- lemon : 1 piece
- tarragon : 2 piece (sprigs)
- cornichons : 3 piece (roughly chopped)
- Creole mustard : 2 Tbsp
- shallot : 0.5 piece (roughly chopped)
- yolk : 2 piece
- sourdough baguette : 1 piece
- curly endive : 1 piece
- Pico de Gallo : 1 tsp
- buttermilk-celeriac remoulade : 3 Tbsp (or everything you've prepared)
Stages of cooking
Take a bowl and mix one egg white with buttermilk in it. Shuck and soak the oysters in this mixture during one hour or so.
Mix Panko and cornmeal to get a breading. Dredge the oysters and fry them in vegetable oil until they become light brown. Put on paper towels to get rid of excess oil.
Take another bowl. Mix the vegetables, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice in it.
Boil the celeriac in salted water until it becomes soft.
Puree it in the blender with shallot, buttermilk and garlic. Wait until it cools down. Then add the yolks, cornichons, tarragon, capers and mustard. Slowly, add olive oil, season with salt and pepper, squeeze lemon juice.
Now, slice the baguette into thin slices. Drizzle with olive oil and toast in the pre-heated to 176 C (350 F) for about 10 minutes. Then spread the buttermilk-celeriac remoulade above the toasts.
Finally, layer a bit of the endive, put an oyster and top with pico de gallo. Add more remoulade above and serve the dish! Bon appétit!