Red Kidney Beans Vada is a dish popular in South India. This is a snack, which is generally served with tea, curd rice, coffee or Sambar. The dish is rich in spices and is very aromatic and healthy. It is also delicious and easy to cook. Hurry up to taste it right away!
- kidney beans : 1 cup (red)
- Sambar onions : 1 piece (finely chopped)
- curry leaves : 2 piece (finely chopped)
- coriander leaves : 2 piece (finely chopped)
- mint leaves : 2 piece
- coconut : 2 Tbsp (grated)
- green chili pepper : 1 piece (chopped)
- ginger : 1 Tbsp (finely chopped and mashed)
- asafoetida : 0.25 tsp
- fennel seeds : 1 Tbsp
- dry red chili : 1 piece
- salt : 1 pinch
- oil : 0.5 cup (or more, for deep frying)
Stages of cooking
Prior to cooking the dish, wash and soak the red beans overnight. Then drain water and wash the beans once again.
Take a mixer and process red kidney beans, fennel seeds, dry red chili, asafoetida and salt in it. Don’t add water. Put the mixture you have got into a separate bowl.
Now, add ginger, onion, mint and curry leaves, coconut, green chili and coriander leaves. Mix well once again.
Form round balls, then flatten them a bit with your hands and deep fry until they become light brown or golden.
Serve hot with coffee or tea! Bon appétit!