Indian dishes are always very delicious, spicy and aromatic. Due to these properties, they stand out from the crowd. This beef and shrimp bombay is not an exception. It is cooked with stunning marinade and contains the ingredients most people like. So, if you are looking for something extraordinary, hurry up to cook this dish right away!
- orange juice : 0.25 cup (for the marinade)
- vinegar : 0.25 cup (for the marinade)
- lime juice : 0.25 cup (for the marinade)
- lemon juice : 0.25 cup (for the marinade)
- ginger : 0.25 cup (fresh, chopped, for the marinade)
- Worcestershire sauce : 0.25 cup (for the marinade)
- honey : 2 Tbsp (for the marinade)
- garlic : 5 clove (chopped, for the marinade)
- chili pepper : 1 piece (crushed, for the marinade)
- thyme : 2 Tbsp (for the marinade)
- Bourbon : 0.25 cup (for the marinade)
- Chervil : 2 Tbsp (for the marinade)
- cinnamon : 2 Tbsp (for the marinade)
- salt : 3 Tbsp (for the marinade)
- soy sauce : 0.25 cup (for the marinade)
- mint leaves : 4 piece (chopped, for the marinade)
- beef : 800 g
- shrimp : 300 g
- Madras curry powder : 3 Tbsp
- celery stalk : 3 piece
- tomatoes : 1 piece (large)
- red onion : 0.5 piece (largely diced)
- mango : 1 piece (diced)
- papaya : 1 piece (diced)
- kiwi : 2 piece (diced)
- pineapple : 0.25 piece (diced)
- coconut milk : 0.5 can
- coconut : 0.5 pack (flakes)
- almond : 10 piece
- scallions : 1 piece (chopped)
- cayenne pepper : 1 piece (chopped)
- cilantro : 1 bunch (chopped)
Stages of cooking
Start cooking the dish with making the marinade. Take a deep bowl and mix all the ingredients needed for the marinade. Put the bowl into a fridge for one hour.
Meanwhile, start cooking the bombay. Take a piece of beef you have purchased and cut in into 2 parts. Don’t forget to trim the fat off the loin.
Then slice the meat widthwise to get three or four steaks.
Put the meat into the marinade and leave it in the fridge overnight.
Then slice the marinated meat into thin strips, heat the frying pan well and stir-fry them there. Add a small bit of marinade and let it caramelize to give the beef saturated color.
Take another frying pan and repeat the step with the shrimps. Then stir fry the garlic and ginger until they start darkening and add the fruit and vegetables. Cook them for about 3 minutes, then add more marinade.
As soon as it starts boiling, make cornstarch slurry and add to make the sauce dense. Then add the stir-fried meat, shrimps and vegetables and mix the ingredients well.
Heat the frying pan once again and mix the almonds, scallions, and coconut. As soon as the mixture starts browning, keep sautéing off the heat, but make sure the coconut does not burn.
Serve with rice noodles or boiled rice and top with coconut mixture. Enjoy the dish!