If you like Italian cuisine, then this dish is right what you need! Bowtie pasta with peas, prosciutto and arugula… Doesn’t that sound amazing? It certainly does! If your mouth starts watering, hurry up to cook the dish!
- farfalle bowtie pasta : 250 g
- olive oil : 3 Tbsp
- prosciutto : 2 oz. (thin slices separated and roughly chopped)
- peas : 0.5 cup (fresh or frozen)
- parmesan : 0.5 cup (shredded)
- black pepper : 0.5 tsp (freshly ground)
- water : 1 cup (reserved pasta water)
- baby arugula leaves : 1.5 cup
- mint leaves : 2 Tbsp (thinly sliced)
Stages of cooking
Pour water into a pot, add salt and bring it to a boil. Cook the pasta in the boiling water until it becomes al dente.
Add olive oil into a non-stick frying pan and put the pieces of prosciutto inside. Cook on medium fire and turn onto another side in a few minutes. Remove the pan from heat as soon as it is ready.
Leave one cup of pasta water in a separate bowl. Add the peas instead and cook for one minute.
Strain the pasta and the peas. Add the ingredients to the pan with the prosciutto. Then add parmesan and toss to coat. Season with salt and black pepper.
Now, add 0.5 cup of pasta water and fresh baby arugula with mint. If needed, add more pasta water and sauté for a few minutes.
Drizzle and mix with 2 tablespoons of olive oil before serving. Enjoy!