Pasta is a traditional Italian dish known all over the world. This recipe of pasta with cauliflower, tomato and parmesan won’t leave anyone indifferent. The dish is easy to cook, while the result will be fantastic!
- dry bread crumbs : 1 cup (fresh breadcrumbs will also work well)
- olive oil : 6 Tbsp
- onion : 1 piece (chopped)
- canned anchovies : 2 Tbsp (minced)
- cauliflower : 1 piece (core removed and discarded, florets coarsely chopped)
- garlic : 5 clove (minced)
- red pepper flakes : 0.5 tsp (crushed)
- black pepper : 1 pinch (to your taste)
- tomato paste : 3 Tbsp
- small elbow macaroni : 200 g
- canned tomatoes : 1 can (chopped)
- parsley : 0.25 cup (chopped)
- parmesan : 0.5 cup (grated)
- salt : 0.5 tsp (to your taste)
Stages of cooking
Take a frying pan and toast breadcrumbs on medium fire. Add olive oil when toasting. The breadcrumbs should become light brown. As soon as they are ready, set them aside for a while. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the frying pan and sauté onions with anchovies and garlic on medium fire. Smash the anchovies with a spoon and mix them with other ingredients. Keep cooking for 5 minutes and then set the mixture aside as well.
Take a pot and pour water in it. Add salt and bring to a boil. While the water starts boiling, sauté cauliflower in a separate frying pan for about 3-5 minutes until it becomes light brown. Add red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt to your taste.
Now, dissolve tomato paste in 0.5 cup of water. Add the tomato paste, onions, garlic, tomatoes and anchovies into a frying pan. Stir the ingredients and cook on low fire until the cauliflower becomes soft. Do not cover the frying pan.
As soon as the water starts boiling, add pasta and cook it until it becomes al dente. Drain the pasta and add the cauliflower mixture. Stir carefully and add parsley, breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
Serve warm and enjoy!