What’s your favorite burrito filling? Most people prefer pulled pork or chile verde, but shredded chicken is also a perfect choice for this dish! Try cooking it yourself and watch the result! The filling is easy to cook in a slow cooker, so you won’t have to spend the whole day in the kitchen getting ready for a dinner or supper!q
- chili powder : 2 Tbsp (for the rub)
- cumin powder : 2 tsp (for the rub)
- kosher salt : 1 tsp (for the rub)
- dried oregano : 1.5 tsp (for the rub)
- onion : 1 tsp (powder, for the rub)
- powdered garlic : 1 tsp (for the rub)
- cinnamon : 0.25 tsp (ground, for the rub)
- clove : 0.25 tsp (ground, for the rub)
- cayenne pepper : 0.25 tsp (for the rub, optional, add more or less depending on how much heat you want)
- boneless skinless chicken thighs : 1 kg (do not remove excess fat)
- pineapple juice : 0.75 cup
- tomato paste : 2 Tbsp
- corn tortillas : 1 pack
- cabbage : 0.25 piece (finely shredded)
- radish : 5 piece (sliced)
- avocado : 1 piece (chopped)
- cilantro : 1 bunch (small)
- lime : 2 piece (wedges)
Stages of cooking
Rub the chicken with the mixture of spices first and put it into the pot of your slow cooker.
Pour pineapple juice.
Add tomato paste.
Cook the chicken in the slow cooker for about 3 hours on high regime or 6 hours on low regime. This depends upon the amount of time you have at your disposal.
As soon as the chicken is ready, take it away from the pot of your slow cooker and let it cool down a bit. Use forks to shred the meat, because it may be still hot.
Take corn tortillas, soften them a bit, sprinkle with lime juice and fill with shredded chicken. It is also recommended to add garnish like shredded cabbage, radish, cilantro or avocado. Bon appétit!